The Points Series is an annual friendly competition for ITRC members. The series runs throughout the year and awards points to those who run specific, designated races (listed below). Additional points are awarded for overall and age group placing. The Series relies on members to self-report their results to the Series' director, Jim Dawson, who is the points master and final decision maker. Results of the series are updated after each series race has taken place and published in the following month's club newsletter.
- Points will be awarded to runners who participate in the listed events and report them to the Points Series Director. Age group points are awarded based upon the age group you are in at the time of the race.
- Runners will be eligible for 5 points for running each event.
- Runners will be eligible to claim Age Group points for each designated or Wild Card Race, 1 point per race, maximum 3 points for the year.
- Wild Card Races must be scheduled, timed events, 5k or longer. To have points awarded, runners must submit a captioned photo or newsletter article from the event.
- You must be a member in good standing (your dues are paid up) in order to have your points count.
- You may earn 5 points for volunteering for any scheduled local event, not just designated events, maximum of 15 points per year.
- The series will operate on a self-reporting honor system. Participation needs to be reported to Jim Dawson.
Points Series Races
Ventura Half Marathon & 5k (Feb. )
Great Race of Agoura (March 26)
Summerfest (May 21)
O2O Marathon (June 5)
Harbor Lights (first night, June 30)
Wounded Warrior Half Marathon and 5k (Sept. 17)
Aloha Turkey Round Up (Nov. 13)
Ventura Turkey Trot (Nov.)
Lasse Viren or Santa to the Sea (Dec.)
Wild Card races, 2 of your choice